From: James MacLean (macleajb_at_ednet.ns.ca)
Date: Tue 18 Nov 2003 - 01:17:31 GMT

Hi Herbert,

Been too long since I've been playing with kernel oops :(. I started to
write down the Oops screen and got too tired too quickly and missed
getting enough info. What happen to it being trapped in
/var/log/<somefile> ? I use to just run ksymoops on that and get what was
needed. Anyhow, for now, if it helps, I have :

Code; 00000000 Before first symbol
00000000 <_EIP>:
Code; 00000000 Before first symbol
   0: 39 83 f0 02 00 00 cmp %eax,0x2f0(%ebx)
Code; 00000006 Before first symbol
   6: 0f 84 74 01 00 00 je 180 <_EIP+0x180>
Code; 0000000c Before first symbol
   c: 31 42 48 xor %eax,0x48(%edx)
Code; 0000000f Before first symbol
   f: b8 01 00 00 00 mov $0x1,%eax

c024dfe0 T tcp_get_info

c0131b00 T do_mmap_pgoff
c016bcd0 t proc_file_read
c0144350 T sys_read
c014d130 T sys_fstat64
c01092dc T system_call

Again, tcp_get_info is always where it dies. Anyone wishing to enjoy this
experience need only do a "netstat -nap --inet" from the root server when
a vserver it alive... Or atleast, that is all that I do :).

I'll see if I can figure out how to get the rest of the Oops copied in ;(.

JES