From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 20 Nov 2003 - 19:09:30 GMT

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 12:51:57PM -0500, Jacques Gelinas wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 04:48:02 -0500, Geoffrey D. Bennett wrote
> > Hi there,

Hi Geoffrey!

> > Just wanted to report some success running Fedora Core 1 in a vserver
> > (Red Hat 7.3 base) as well as share a problem I had and a script I
> > wrote to make future FC1 vserver installs trivial (for me, at least).
> >
> > First the problem: the glibc that comes with FC1 didn't like running
> > some programs (like RPM :( ) -- it failed with "cannot enable
> > executable stack as shared object requires". I fixed the problem by
> > rebuilding the glibc RPM with the glibc-execstack-disable patch (comes
> > with the glibc RPM).

I heard from Rik (v. Riel) that one of RedHat's
aims (or requirements) is that Fedora works with
vanilla kernels (correct me if I've got it wrong)
so any problem with vanilla 2.4.xx can be considered
a Fedora bug, and should be reported ...

vserver kernels do not change the 2.4.x API, they
only enhance it, so what works with vanilla kernels
will work with vserver kernels too, or it's a bug on
our side ...

> Odd
>
> I am using few vservers with fedora core 1 and I am not seeing this problem.
> (vserver 0.27 probably out tomorrow let you install fedora base vserver from
> CD).

Hi Jack!

what interface will those 0.27er tools support?
stable or development?

TIA,
Herbert