From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 20 Nov 2003 - 20:56:16 GMT

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 09:47:12PM +0100, Brian Ipsen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If I want to be able to limit disk-usage for a specific account inside a
> vserver/context - is it the patches/procedure described at
> http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Linux2.6/index.php?page=Per+Context+Disk+Limits
> I need to follow ??

no, what you probably want, is called Per Context Quota ...

I know it is confusing (although I don't know why ;) but
Per Context Disk Limits allow you to limit the available
disk space for each context ... and Per Context Quota
allows you to use 'conventional' quota in each context,
both are usually used on shared partitions, as you can
use quota without them on separate partitions, and you
could only use a 200MB partition if limitation would be
your goal ...

> Eg. the uid 544 (login: user1) is only allowed to use 200 MB of diskspace
> inside the vserver, where the account is created (and the vserver is running
> on a LVM partition) ...

this could be solved without any additional patch, just
enable quota support for this partition, and set a user
quota for this uid, either in or outside of that context

HTH,
Herbert