From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 24 Nov 2003 - 23:29:40 GMT

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 11:05:58PM +0100, Christian Mayrhuber wrote:
> Dariush Pietrzak wrote:
> >>Works as advertised.
> >>Tested with kernel-2.6.0-test9 and e2fsprogs headers.
> >
> >I'm getting lost,
> > how does util-vserver 0.26 differ from vserver 0.26 package that I got
> >here in debian package?
>
> There are two different versions of the vserver utilities, the original
> ones from Jaques Gelinas, also in the official debian package and
> util-vserver written by Enrico Scholz.
>
> The vserver utilities are mainly used on production systems and with the
> vserver-1.0 kernel patch.
>
> util-vserver is mainly a C rewrite of the vserver utilities and is
> mostly used with the vserver-1.1 development branch, though
> it works with the vserver-1.0 kernel patch, too.
>
> Hope I didn't get anything wrong.

nope, sounds good, just a fev remarks:

util-vserver are currently the 'vserver' tools,
vserver-0.27 has some security issues and
vserver-0.26 doesn't work with vs1.1.x

I tried to get contact to the debian package
maintainers (not too hard ;) but got no response

maybe they will update/re-package util-vserver
for debian on user request ...

TIA,
Herbert