From: Bert De Vuyst (bert.devuyst_at_intec.ugent.be)
Date: Tue 25 Nov 2003 - 20:22:52 GMT

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 21:01, ian douglas wrote:
> > But maybe one should package util-vserver and upload it as independant
> > package?
>
> Any chance someone has the whole vserver setup in a debian package? I have
> a very minimal installation (200M or so) on a fresh server of 'woody', and
> would like to get started with vserver on that system. When I FTP'd to
> Jacques' site though, he only had RPM's for the vserver-admin package, no
> source package at all.

- Download the vserver source packages for debian testing from a debian mirror
- build the packages (this should run out of the box on a debian 3.0)
- this wil give you a vserver package for debian 3.0

Download the kernel source form a kernel.org mirror and get the kernel patch
from the linux-vserver site.
patch the kernel source and configure the kernel
compile the kernel using make-kpkg (kernel-package), this will give you a
debian package you can install.

Reboot your machine

Download the script "debian-newvserver.sh" at the next URL:
   http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/debian/

Customize it a bit to fit your needs (make sure you set the VSERVERS_ROOT)

I hope this can help you,

Bert.