From: Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale (Arnaud.Gomes_at_ircam.fr)
Date: Wed 26 Nov 2003 - 15:00:24 GMT

Hi,

I have a number of users with NFS-shared Unix home directories and I
would like them to be able to access their home dirs through samba. I
am trying to set up a vserver running samba only, with the user
directories automounted.

I have a problem setting up the automounter. My vserver doesn't have
the necessary capabilities to mount filesystems, so I have set up the
automounter on the host server. My configuration is correct and mounts
<machine>:<directory> in /vservers/smb/net/machine/directory.

On the host machine:

[root_at_informe root]# ls /vservers/smb/net/lime/data/
gomes lost+found OLD tmp

On the virtual machine:

[root_at_vserver:smb samba]ls /net/lime/data/
ls: /net/lime/data/: Permission denied

I have found no reference to this problem in the documentation. Did I
miss something obvious?

--
Arnaud