From: Charles Dale (bug_at_aphid.net)
Date: Sun 30 Nov 2003 - 12:15:07 GMT

Jacques can I submit a /usr/lib/vserver/install-rhel3es script and minimum
package list? I had to make some rather messy changes though:

I've spent a fair bit of today hacking around trying to get a RHEL vserver
running. The install-<distro> scripts are pretty hard to adapt for different
package requirements. E.g. I had to modify them to install the packages in
blocks - first glibc, libtermcap, + a few others, then coreutils on its own
with --noscripts, then finally the rest of the packages. Otherwise RPM
decided to order the installation so that libtermcap came in after
coreutils, which made almost every single RPM pre/post script fail.

And then in the end the vserver isn't usable because of the issue with db4
and non-NPTL kernels.

I like debian-newvserver a lot more...

I'm going to try hacking the 1.1.6 patch to work with the RHEL kernel. I'm
not confident though. There's a crapload more included patches than even the
RH9 kernel had...

BTW, success report for the 1.1.6 release - working well here in production
as a replacement for ctx-17f.

Chuck