From: Charles Dale (bug_at_aphid.net)
Date: Mon 01 Dec 2003 - 07:53:08 GMT
> Sunday, November 30, 2003, 1:15:07 PM, I wrote:
>> I've spent a fair bit of today hacking around trying to get a RHEL
>> vserver running. The install-<distro> scripts are pretty hard to
>> adapt for different package requirements. E.g. I had to modify them
>> to install the packages in blocks - first glibc, libtermcap, + a few
>> others, then coreutils on its own with --noscripts, then finally the
>> rest of the packages. Otherwise RPM decided to order the
>> installation so that libtermcap came in after coreutils, which made
>> almost every single RPM pre/post script fail.
> I was having exactly the same problem with a regular Redhat 9
> vserver install, but I found a simple solution for it. You
> just need to edit install-<distro> and remove "--nodeps" from
> the RPM command. Then, RPM packagages will be installed in
> order as required, and you will see no more pre/post errors.
Ah ok didn't think of that.
But then I have to install kernel, mkinitrd, dev, and a bunch of other RPMs
that I really don't want in a vserver. Removing them is easy though so maybe
that's a fair enough workaround. I guess that's why Jacques' install scripts
install dev and other packages that shouldn't be installed in a vserver.
Vserver mailing list