From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Tue 02 Dec 2003 - 01:44:11 GMT

I still have some more reseach to do but incase this catches anyones eye
I'll bring it up.

Basically a RHL 8 base/main server and a RHL 8 vserver. When I try to
compile PostgreSQL 7.4, from RPM sources or a tarball, in the vserver I
get the following error message

        gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

but the compile works fine from the base/main server.

I need to confirm what packages are installed where but I seem to remember
the vserver was built from a vserver (conserve space) that was based on
the main server. (Did that make sense?)

Rod

--
  "Open Source Software - Usually you get more than you pay for..."