From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Tue 02 Dec 2003 - 20:04:27 GMT

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> > gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
>
> sounds like the wrong number of options/arguments to
> gcc (are you sure it's the 'right' version for this?)

This is a strange one for sure.

> > but the compile works fine from the base/main server.
>
> probably something which is 'tested' by the configure
> script and not 'provided' by the vserver like
> /dev/random or similar ...

I'll look into this next. Why wouldn't/shouldn't a vserver provide
/dev/random and friends? I use random numbers quite often (mostly perl)
but can't think of an application in a verserver right now that does.

> > I need to confirm what packages are installed where but I seem to remember
> > the vserver was built from a vserver (conserve space) that was based on
> > the main server. (Did that make sense?)

All the packages were the same version with the exception of glibc which I
updated in the vserver and vserver RPMs were missing (which they should
be.)

Rod

--
  "Open Source Software - Usually you get more than you pay for..."