From: Charles Dale (bug_at_aphid.net)
Date: Wed 03 Dec 2003 - 02:42:14 GMT

> okay, here you go .. this is a fast hack, there are
> some things which need a closer look, and the scheduler
> stuff was removed, but hey, it compiles ...
>
> http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/split-2.4.21-4.0.1.EL-vs1.1.6/
>

> you have to check each // commented part in the patches
> I had to remove some stuff, as I don't know this kernel
> yet ...

Herbert you're a legend! Thanks so much.

The patched kernel compiled fine. I couldn't really find any commented parts
to check though. Well there were two lines that one of the patches commented
out, but that didn't seem like much.

Actually the kernel works alright with the patches, only problem I've found
is a kernel panic when running groupadd. Not sure which bits of the panic
are relevant - it said "EIP in kill_proc_info" which seems to be the most
likely culprit as there is a 20 line block of code added to kill_proc_info
by one of the patches. I didn't have much luck working out exactly what's
wrong with it though.

If you have any time I'd be mighty happy if you can have a bit more of a
look, otherwise I'll keep plodding away in my kernel newbie manner and keep
you updated =).

Cheers,
Chuck