From: desman_at_gmx.de
Date: Fri 05 Dec 2003 - 20:40:01 GMT

Hi,

thanks for advice!

But the question/problem is, how to transfere whole vservers not within a
vserver but to a different hostmachine.

if i do a

hostmachine1# rsync -e ssh -abRvz /vservers/vserver1 root_at_hostmachine2:/

i loose all owner rights, because the hostmachine makes mistakes in determ
which user belongs to which file. At "normal" files this makes no damage,
but if i want to run my apache as www-data and this www-data bekomes to a
#10 user id/name, i run into trouble.

Greetings
Oliver