From: Alex Klymov (al3x__at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat 06 Dec 2003 - 08:06:24 GMT

Hello James,

Saturday, December 6, 2003, 1:08:16 AM, you wrote:

JN> Hello,

JN> Im trying to compile a 2.4.23-vs1.20 with the quota patch, and keep running into errors, I admint that i do not know alot about building kernels, anyone have a step by step for this, or have a
JN> kernel similar to the ones at soulcorp that i can download?
JN> ---------
JN> here is the history that i tried

I'd suggest you run

cat patch-vserver-x.xx | patch -p1 --dry-run |egrep 'rej|fail'

first, to see what/where source files are actually getting rejected patches (this command
doesn't really patch the source tree - it just shows where you can run into
potential problems).

--
 Alex                            mailto:al3x__at_gmx.net
3:00:03 AM Saturday, December 6, 2003 EDT