From: Alex Lyashkov (shadow_at_psoft.net)
Date: Sat 06 Dec 2003 - 15:44:23 GMT

On Saturday 06 December 2003 14:15, mile1_at_bellsouth.net wrote:
> Hello Alex,
>
> I have downloaded the new freevps stuff, and I have it working fairly well.
> My question is this, will I need to add CAP_SYS_RESOURCE to the xxxx.conf
> file for the vserver, in order to make bind work? and can I do a shutdown
> from inside the vserver?
first, adding CAP_SYS_RESOURCE not break process limits but add some additions
capabilty:
/* Override resource limits. Set resource limits. */
/* Override reserved space on ext2 filesystem */
/* Modify data journaling mode on ext3 filesystem (uses journaling
   resources) */
/* Override size restrictions on IPC message queues */
/* Allow more than 64hz interrupts from the real-time clock */
/* Override max number of consoles on console allocation */
/* Override max number of keymaps *
i don`t find serious security problem with allow it.

second - for shutdown vps from inside, you can use reboot manager from
original Jacks tools.

--
With best regards,
Alex