From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 10 Dec 2003 - 15:44:19 GMT

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 12:06:58PM +0100, Daniel S. Reichenbach wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have been watching the vserver project for a while now and now
> I'd like to give it a try. I read through the archives and found
> the patches for RHEL3 kernel. This is what I would need, too
> as we only have RHEL3 systems running. I see the link to the
> patches has the version 2.4.21-4.0.1. Using rpm -q kernel I
> get kernel-2.4.21-4.EL. Can I use the patches then?

you can try them, but be careful, they are
experimental and not well tested, also some
features are missing and some bugs are not
fixed ...

if you are brave, and want to do some testing
on this version, I'm willing to help, if a
stable version is what you want, you have to
stick with a vanilla kernel for now, 2.4.23
for example and use recent patches vs1.20 + fix