From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 10 Dec 2003 - 22:16:06 GMT

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 05:57:52PM +0100, Daniel S. Reichenbach wrote:

> | if you are brave, and want to do some testing
> | on this version, I'm willing to help, if a
> | stable version is what you want, you have to
> | stick with a vanilla kernel for now, 2.4.23
> | for example and use recent patches vs1.20 + fix

> I'd stick with the patches then, no problem if it's testing game
> or even risky My development box is willing. Also I can help
> debugging, I have some experience in C development but no kernel
> hacking yet.

well, great, IIRC Charles "Chuck" Dale was working
on this, and the port I did, was a q&d hack ...
IIRC I left some comments on the missing pieces
and something in the mail, lets see ...

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:42:14 +1100

> okay, here you go .. this is a fast hack, there are
> some things which need a closer look, and the scheduler
> stuff was removed, but hey, it compiles ...
>
> http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/split-2.4.21-4.0.1.EL-vs1.1.6/
>
> you have to check each // commented part in the patches
> I had to remove some stuff, as I don't know this kernel
> yet ...

an update to 1.20 + fix should not be too hard,
maybe the one or the other issue can be fixed
too, if I know, what works and what not, it's
easier for me to fill in the missing pieces ...