From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 11 Dec 2003 - 02:41:34 GMT
the second stage of vserver evolution has started
with the new development release (1.3.0) which is
based on vs1.21.
the 1.3.x dev. branch will bring some changes to
internal and external behaviour, that is why it is
nicknamed "Revolutions" ...
the first, small, step brings the folowing changes:
- core vx_info struct changed
- compatibility layer added (emulation)
- xid_t introduced, and integrated
- new procfs representation of context
- added checks in arch/*/kernel/ptrace.c
- uptime patches included (for test)
it is available at
you can download all-in-one patches for 2.4.21/22
and 2.4.23 as well as tar archives of all the
splitups and incremental patches ...
vserver-0.28/0.29 or util-vserver-0.25/26 and later
should work for now, newer tools will be required
at a later stage ...
if you want to aid in development, please test it
(for best results, on production like scenarios)
and provide some feedback ...
Vserver mailing list