From: Alex Lyashkov (shadow_at_psoft.net)
Date: Tue 16 Dec 2003 - 08:32:47 GMT

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 09:19, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 06:43:28AM +0200, Alex Lyashkov wrote:
> > On Monday 15 December 2003 23:41, Kern Wolfgang wrote:
> > > Hello List,
> > >
> > > my question is simple: Can I supervise, on the host system,
> > > the Traffic of every single VServer?
> > > If every VServer could have a network interface of its own,
> > > like eth0:VM1, then i can read the traffic of this virtual
> > > interface.
> > >
> > > How can i realize this? Any ideas?
> >
> > see freevps.
>
> Hi Alex!
>
> I do not consider such replies productive, if
> you want to help, do it, if you 'just' want to
> 'promote' your branch, please don't do it as
> reply to simple questions like this ...
>

> a) this is _trivial_ to do with iptables as I
> pointed out long time ago (long before freevps
> did exist ;), and has even made it's way into
> paul's faq, so you should know ...
> http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/faq/#bandwidth
what a need use iptables if it do simple atomic add ?
===
write_lock_irqsave(&ctx->traf_lock,flags);
ctx->traf_out += skb-> len;
write_unlock_irqrestore(&ctx->traf_lock,flags);
===
many iptables rules been do slow machine.

> b) if you 'think' that this is a missing feature
> in the linux-vserver branch, just send a patch
> to vs1.22 or vs1.3.0 and I will consider
> inclusion ...

long times ago - i send to you ported to vanila 2.4.19 patchset, and remeber
it to you on irc.
You say "sound interested about merge" but i don`t see use it.
How i remember you also create virtual network devices via iptables hooks but
what not do count at this point ?

--
With best regards,
Alex