From: chymian (chymian_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed 17 Dec 2003 - 00:08:41 GMT

hi,
I'm new to vserver and have a few questions, hopefully not FAQs.

1) I've installed a vserver with the vserver build cmd. and not sure how
I can unify that one.
 a) to unify is it necessary to install like paul sladen does it in his
debian-newserver.sh?
 b) should one have skel vserver installed first
 c) since the unify script is based on rpm's, does it work with deb or
has one to `alien` all the packages

2) I thought about building a DMZ as vserver.
 a) is it possible to give the ppp-interface handling to the DMZ-vs and
how? as far as i understood, one give a given IP to the vserver, but how
works it, if there is no ip at that (boottime) moment, or IP changes due
to reconnection of the DSL

OS: debian sid
kernel: 2.4.23
vserver: 1.20
util-vserver: 0.26

can someone please shed some insights toward me?

TIA
guenter