From: Trevor Nichols (tnichols_at_syc.net.au)
Date: Wed 07 Jan 2004 - 00:34:56 GMT

Hi folks,

Related to my previous message I believe the v_sshd script is having
issues with the ipip tunnels that we are running. Using v_sshd which is
bound to the master host's addresses causes "Invalid argument" errors
when attempting to access services via a tunnel.

Forcing software within these v_sshd sessions to bind to a specific
source IP address appears to solve the access issues. Not all software
is capable of doing this and it is very inconvenient to remember to add
the extra arguments.

We have reconfigured our server to use the standard sshd and
ListenAddress parameters and are able to ping,ssh with no problems.

Our box is using 2.4.23 and vs1.21.

[root_at_vsm root]# cat /etc/vservices/sshd.conf
#!/bin/sh
IP="eth0 eth1"

If anyone could offer suggestions or possible fixes that would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Trevor.