From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 16 Jan 2004 - 23:49:34 GMT

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 07:55:37PM -0300, DUCLOS Andre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think that fs/proc/generic.c contains a bug in proc_create function :
>
> - ent->vx_flags = VX_ADMIN;
> + ent->vx_flags = VX_ADMIN | VX_WATCH;
>
> Since this modif, unable to start commands with ctx 1 : vps,
> vserver-stat.

this is not a bug, this is intentional, the procfs
was changed to 'secure' mode disallowing any proc
access in contexts != 0 (admin) ...

see in 1.23:

        ent->vx_flags = 0; /* will become VX_ADMIN */

you can adjust the visibility for every procfs
entry (affected by that) with the vproc tool ...

HTH,
Herbert