From: Matthew Excell (matt_at_possibilityforge.com)
Date: Mon 19 Jan 2004 - 20:59:06 GMT

I tested patch-2.6.0-vs0.04 against:

2xOpteron 242
32 bit, SMP 2.6.1 kernel from kernel.org
Debian Linux w/ debian vserver package

Results:
- some fuzz, but no rejects - most everything patched perfectly
- vserver-stat shows context 0 - no other contexts.
- newvserver,vps report that the kernel is not vserver enabled
- "vserver test start" (with a test vserver copied from another working
vserver system) reports:

Starting the virtual server test
Server test is not running
ipv4root is now 192.168.30.10
Host name is now test.possibilityforge.net
New security context is 49154
Starting system log daemon: syslogd.
Starting kernel log daemon: klogd.
Starting internet superserver: inetd.
Starting PCMCIA services: module directory /lib/modules/2.6.1/pcmcia not
found.
Starting deferred execution scheduler: atd.
Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.

but vserver test enter reports:

ipv4root is now 192.168.30.10
Can't set the new security context
: Invalid argument

I have had several x86 vserver machines with 2.4 kernels working in a
production environment for about 9 months now with zero problems. I'm
just hoping to help with the 2.6 version any way I can.

Let me know what other information is needed.

--
Matthew Excell
Senior Consultant - The Possibility Forge, Inc.