From: Floris van Gog (floris_at_vangog.net)
Date: Mon 02 Feb 2004 - 13:42:13 GMT

Hi,

I have various IP's assigned to various vservers, and I have a mysql
database running on one of them. The access rights for mysql are
determined by the IP someone connects from. Some vservers also need
database access and they are granted rights determined by the IP of that
particular vserver.

I noticed that when starting a command like this in the root server:

chcontext --ctx 110 mysql -u username -p -h myhost

The IP address is not changed. Access to the mysql database is not
granted and the logfiles show the wrong IP. Running the same command
from within vserver with ctx 110 succeeds.

Am I missing something, using the wrong command to do something like
this or is this a buglet (possibly already corrected)

I am using
linux 2.4.24-vs1.22

Any insight appreciated.

Floris