From: essigke (essigke_at_eml.org)
Date: Thu 05 Feb 2004 - 21:38:48 GMT

MH - Entwicklung wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to run cups in vserver. I created the device nodes /dev/lp0
> and /dev/par0.
> When I try to add a printer via the CUPS webfrontend or via command
> line cups hangs forever (well, strg+c stops it at last).
>
> The same commands are working fine within the root server.
>
> I wanted to post some logs but nothing cups specific get's logged at
> all :-(
>
> It is a patched Debian Kernel 2.4.22 with debian, ctx and acl patch.
>
> Has anybody any idea about this?

Well, don't know if it helps, but I had similar problems with cups in my
vserver - even the problems were not really vserver related as far as I
can tell. I think the main problem were insufficient access rights (in
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf). The Debian package is very restrictive.
During experimenting I upgraded the vserver to unstable since stable has
a pretty old cups version. Don't know if it would have worked for stable
with the same config. Did no carefull investigation.
Anyway, my situation was a bit different since I installed a printer
with network interface, so I didn't need the device inodes...

So check if you gave access rights from your config host for <Location
/> , <Location /admin> and <Location /jobs>. 127.0.0.1 does not work in
a vserver, use the real vserver-IP. This is what worked for me at least...

Good luck,

Timm