From: Gebhardt Thomas (gebhardt_at_hrz.uni-marburg.de)
Date: Mon 09 Feb 2004 - 09:54:10 GMT

On Thursday 29 January 2004 20:21, Mark Lawrence wrote:

Hi,

> However the box is unreachable from the network, until after packets
> are sent out of the ethernet interface. So far I have only tested this
> with icmp. Basic tests with chbind, chcontext etc work fine afterwards.

Sounds that this is an "arp issue". If, for some reason, your server
doesn't reply to arp requests for the vserver alias eth interfaces, the
router/switch doesn't know where to send the ip packets. Sending an
arp request or even just an icmp package from within the vserver
startup script might help as a quick fix but does not fix the underlying
problem.

If you can narrow down the problem, please let me know. I've got
similiar problem with one of my vservers that occur after long
periods of normal operation.

Cheers, Thomas