From: Cathy Sarisky (cathy_at_acornhosting.net)
Date: Mon 09 Feb 2004 - 22:15:00 GMT

Hello List,

I'm using rsync (-vazPx --numeric-ids) to backup vservers and then trying
to unify them using Sam Vilain's unify-dirs to save space. Unify-dirs
runs for a while, unifying quite a number of files, and then segfaults.

Possibly relevant:
vs1.26
ext3 filesystem (on both servers)
perl 5.8.0
$LANG=en_US (I had en_US.UTF, which didn't work at all!)

Any suggestions, or recommendations for alternate tools for unifying files
across vservers? Vunify doesn't seem appropriate, as I have a mixture of
Debian and RH vservers.

TIA.

Cathy