From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 13 Feb 2004 - 16:14:01 GMT

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 04:23:37PM +0100, Gebhardt Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > sounds interesting, any chance to investigate this
> > further?
>
> well, I really hope that I do not get the chance that often :-)
> Indeed, if we can't fix that, I 'll be under pressure to migrate
> away from the vserver strategy.
>
> Any idea how to further investigate that situation in
> case of a future incident?

hmm, best would be to dump everything on that
machine (arp cache, routes, ...) and for now,
I would look at the logs, if there is something
strange going on ...

wild ideas:

 - some network related software takes the
   interface down (accidentially?) on the
   host or within an insecure vserver

 - some driver failure causes the interface
   alias to go down or to disappear

HTH,
Herbert