From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Fri 20 Feb 2004 - 16:40:32 GMT

dan_at_knownfuture.com ("Dan Winfield") writes:

>> > When I run vunify I get a message.
>> > "Can not find vserver-setup"
>>
>> vunify supports only the new configuration scheme and there
>> are no plans to add support for the old one (no way to
>> declare excludelists or reference vservers there).
>
> OK. What is the new configuration scheme? Do you have a doc for it

The doc is an XML file in doc (doc/configuration.xml). Unfortunately,
there is missing a stylesheet...

To see how it works, I suggest to create a skeleton vserver e.g. with

| # vserver foo build -m skeleton --hostname foo --netdev eth0 --interface 10.1.2.3/20 --context 42

and to visit the '/etc/vservers/foo' directory. There are some other
options possible (see 'vserver X build --help' output), and the
'debootstrap' (instead of 'skeleton') method should give a runnable
Debian vserver (at least on Fedora systems).

For unification, you need an 'apps/vunify' directory with a 'refserver.<...>'
symlink to /etc/vservers/<refserver>. This refserver must be configured in
the same way (except the refserver symlink).

> and how do I move from old to new?

Not yet. To transform your old vserver manually, you can use the directory
from above and change:

* the 'run' symlink to point to an unique filename (can be a dead
  symlink)
* the 'vdir' symlink to point to the vserver directory
* the interfaces/* (should be self explaining)

Enrico