From: Asbjørn Sannes (ace_at_sannes.org)
Date: Sat 21 Feb 2004 - 11:32:33 GMT

I'm running vserver 1.26 on 2.4.25 (with some additional patches like
grsecurity, evms and reiserfsquota). I thought that setup would work and not
be exploitable when I do:

chmod 000 /vservers
chattr =t /vservers

but, the exploit works nontheless.

If it matters, I use reiserfs as my filesystem, every vserver have their
filesystem mounted /vservers/<avserver>.

Also, just to make it clear, you don't have to restart a vserver to test
exploitability just reset the permissions and attributes that the exploit
changes? (I've tried that also, but I don't think it is necessary).

Hope someone can pinpoint what I'm doing wrong, .. thanks:)

Asbjørn Sannes
ace_at_sannes.org
www.sannes.org