From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 26 Feb 2004 - 16:18:23 GMT

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 08:45:10AM -0000, Dan Winfield wrote:
> Hi Matt
>

> > 2) CPU QoS - Better way to provide customers what they
> > purchase in regards to CPU time
> >
> > (This is complete is known as the TBF scheduler)
> >

> I have found a project called PlanetLab (http://www.planet-lab.org/),
> they seem to use vserver and have some information about CPU scheduling
> calles SILK,
> http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~acb/plkmod/api_cpu_scheduling.html. They
> also use Silk for network accounting, providing safe raw sockets and
> port management.

this should be already working with Sam's TB-Scheduler
extension, which 'just' requires the O(1) scheduler,
and will be included in the next 2.6 release ...

it 'just' needs some userspace support, as this is
more powerful than the slice approach, and therefore
requires more parameters ...

> I have trawled the net for more about SILK but have failed to get
> anywhere.
>
> Anyone know about this?
>
> Also, has anyone got any info on how to use the TBF scheduler with
> Vserver?

good point, we'll try to get some documentation ready,
anybody willing to investigate/document this?

TIA,
Herbert