From: loic d'Anterroches (loa_at_kt.dtu.dk)
Date: Wed 03 Mar 2004 - 15:51:22 GMT

Dear All,

I am new on the list, so please excuse my naive question.

I went through the how-tos and the archives of the list, but was enable to
find the answer to my question. It is between heartbeat and vserver so I
hope not to be completely off-topic.

Supposing I run 2 boxes BA and BB each has its very own IP + 1 ip for the
vserver. When BA goes down, BB take over. DRBD mount the /vservers
partition on BB as primary, then a script from linux-ha start the vserver
on BB.

Do I am wrong or thanks to the vserver approach I don't need to setup an
ip takeover? Or formulated another way: heartbeat is only used to start
the vserver on BB if BA goes down, drbd taking care of the synchro of the
data.

If anybody of you have experience with VServer, heartbeat and drbd I would
be happy to have your feedback.

Off-topic: If you are using drbd, how are you managing the synchro when
the master BA comes online again?

You will get a little howto if I succeed setting up all that.

Best regards,
loic

--
loïc d'Anterroches <loa_at_kt.dtu.dk>
CAPEC, Department of Chemical Engineering