From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Thu 04 Mar 2004 - 00:49:53 GMT

7eggert_at_gmx.de (Bodo Eggert) writes:

>> I observerd the same on SuSE9.0. Therefore, i just used the binaries
>> built in a Suse8.2 environment hoping that this works as well. So far
>> it does.
>> But of course i am interested in a 'clean' solution, i.e. the
>> vserver-utils compiled with gcc 3.3.1 on SuSE9.0.
>
> I recently mailed a patch for reducecap to Enrico, which are
> supposed to make it work as intended.

AFAIS, this is unrelated to the chcontext capabilities: reducecap is
nowhere used in the toolchain but a standalone utility only. Both tools
are using different code for capability parsing and only the reducecap's
one is faulty. The chroot issues are caused by a bug in the compiler;
disabling of optimizations or upgrading to recent gcc will solve them (I
am completely unfamiliar with SuSE and do not know if they are having
newer packages or if their QA is aware of this problem).

> http://7eggert.dyndns.org/~7eggert/vserver/

Enrico