From: Thomas Guettler (hv_at_tbz-pariv.de)
Date: Fri 19 Mar 2004 - 14:32:09 GMT

Am Mittwoch, 17. März 2004 11:29 schrieb Herbert Poetzl:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:57:27AM +0100, Thomas Guettler wrote:

[cut]

> vproc /proc/[a-z]* should do nicely (but is not secure)
>
> > vproc does return 0 if failed. Should be easy to fix.
>
> vproc was an experimental tool, and should by now be
> replaced by setattr (from util-vserver), enrico, please
> confirm ...

I am new to vserver, but I think they (setattr vs vproc)
do something different:

edison:~ # setattr
showattr file ...
Presents extended file attribute.
setattr --immutable --immulink file ...
Sets the extended file attributes.
These utilities exist as an interim until lsattr and
chattr are updated.
(util-vserver-0.29.3)

edison:~ # vproc -h
This is vproc V0.01
options are:
-h print this help message
-d hide in context > 1
-D hide in any context
-e show everywhere
-E show only in context 1
-f <num> flag value in decimal
-- end of options

I think setattr is needed for unification.
If a file, which is a hardlink, gets changed in a vserver,
the change must not be visible in other vservers.