From: Christian Jung (Christian.Jung_at_nexon.de)
Date: Fri 19 Mar 2004 - 22:55:43 GMT

Hi,

I upgraded my system and now i am in the following situation:
All the vservers work fine beside the fact that on every
vserver enter the systems tells me:

Error: /proc must be mounted
  To mount /proc at boot you need an /etc/fstab line like:
      /proc /proc proc defaults
  In the meantime, mount /proc /proc -t proc
ipv4root is now 213.xxx.xxx.xxx
Host name is now mail.xxxxx.de
Domain name is now
New security context is 49152

The server runs with all services anyway but i
cant do a "ps ax" inside the vserver. That is no good.

The vservers fstab is
#
/dev/hda2 / xfs errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/hda1 none swap sw 0 0
/proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

The mount command as shown says "mount: permission denied"

The System is a debian. Kernel 2.6.3 + vserver patch-2.6.3-vs0.09.diff
Vserver Utils are vserver-0.29
System uses xfs Filesystem.

I did not find anything usefull in the groups. There was something mentioned
that the proc filesystem is hidden for security reasons and that this can be
changed with a tool. I did not really understand this, sorry.

I know that this version is experimental and so is subject to fail.
But I have still hope because everything works so fine beside the
proc thing. Can anybody help me with this? Is this a common
problem?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Christian