From: Ola Lundqvist (opal_at_debian.org)
Date: Tue 04 May 2004 - 10:48:23 BST

Hello

New debian package that fix this issue was uploaded a few
minutes ago.

I hope it works. I have not had the time to test it yet.

Regards,

// Ola

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 09:46:40AM +1200, Sam Vilain wrote:
> The Debian patch against the 2.4.26 kernel is at:
>
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/k/kernel-source-2.4.26/kernel-source-2.4.26_2.4.26-1.diff.gz
>
> Ola Lundqvist and Ron Lee are the current maintainers of the Debian
> package that includes patches against various versions of the Debian
> source trees.
>
> Maintainer information about the Debian versions of the util-vserver
> utilities package and patch are at:
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/u/util-vserver.html
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/k/kernel-patch-ctx.html
>
> Sam.
>
> Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 12:05:30PM +0300, Berk Ülsoy wrote:
> >

> >>Hi!,
> >>I just read Herbert's note about vs 1.27 on 2.4.26 and grabbed the
> >>debian source package
> >>(http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/kernel-source-2.4.26) to test
> >>it. however patch fails on 5 places. I tried to alter the patch file but
> >>difference was not only line numbers but also function declarations,
> >>return values etc so i think its better to leave this more professional
> >>hands.
> >>
> >>Debian kernel source packages almost always include some fixes and
> >>patches and crash the vserver patch file. For those who do not want to
> >>switch from debian maintained kernel source to bare source, shall we
> >>expect a special debian patch file for every vserver release ? (at least
> >>stable ones ?)
> >>

> >well, is there a stable debian kernel in debian unstable?
> >
> >anyway, provide the patches (from vanilla to debian kernel)
> >and promise to test the kernel, and I'll update the
> >debian patches to 2.4.26-X (which should be done by the
> >debian vserver maintainers, btw ...)
> >
> >best,
> >Herbert
> >

> >>good day !
> >>
> >>Berk
> >>

> --
> Sam Vilain, sam /\T vilain |><>T net, PGP key ID: 0x05B52F13
> (include my PGP key ID in personal replies to avoid spam filtering)

/  opal_at_debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  opal_at_lysator.liu.se                 654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  +46 (0)54-10 14 30                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |