From: Ola Lundqvist (opal_at_debian.org)
Date: Tue 11 May 2004 - 12:24:06 BST

Hello

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 10:37:17AM +0200, Conny Brunnkvist wrote:
> Package: kernel-patch-ctx
> Version: 1:1.27-1
> Severity: important
>
> The patch applies without and errors or so, but at the end of the
> kernel build (make-kpkg) depmod complains that ext2.o, ext3.o (and
> possibly some other object - sorry, the full make-log is not available
> to me at this time). Specifically, it complains over one single sym:
>
> depmod: IS_IMMUTABLE
>
> (Beware of small scroll-backs, for the error from depmod is silently
> ignored by make-kpkg so the packaging goes on and finishes.)
>
> I looked through the patch and it seems as if this macro has been
> changed to one of either IS_IMMUTABLE_FILE or IS_IMMUTABLE_LINK. However
> there are a handful of places in the (post-patched) kernel tree that
> still references to the original name.

That is most probable the problem. I'll see what I can do about it.
Upstream development list is cc:ed.

> With reference to bug #245858; did someone else finally ever actually
> test this combination patch-kernel? Or is it my kernel config that's
> balmy?

I assume that it is the patch.

Regards,

// Ola

> //conny
>
> -- System Information:
> Debian Release: testing/unstable
> APT prefers unstable
> APT policy: (700, 'unstable')
> Architecture: i386 (i686)
> Kernel: Linux 2.6.4-1-686
> Locale: LANG=sv_SE, LC_CTYPE=sv_SE
>
> Versions of packages kernel-patch-ctx depends on:
> ii bash 2.05b-14 The GNU Bourne Again SHell
> ii grep-dctrl 2.1.3 Grep Debian package information
> ii patch 2.5.9-1 Apply a diff file to an original
>
> -- no debconf information

/  opal_at_debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  opal_at_lysator.liu.se                 654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  +46 (0)54-10 14 30                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |