From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy (grisha_at_ispol.com)
Date: Mon 17 May 2004 - 16:26:26 BST

Herbert -

Here is another version of this patch. This is a patch against the
2.4.25-vs1.26 source tree (I know it's not the latest, but the patch is
so small, it will probably work on 1.27 just as well).

This one only disallows flag modification of immutable files only if
IMMUTABLE_LINK_FL is on, as you suggested.

I've got ext2, ext3 and reiserfs patched, my limited tests show it works
as it should.

The ext3 patch also reorders a couple of lines relating to journaling flag
which makes for more readable code IMHO.

Grisha