From: Lucas Albers (admin_at_cs.montana.edu)
Date: Fri 28 May 2004 - 01:04:04 BST

Gebhardt Thomas said:
> We are running this type of setup here but don't yet have any experience
> with "real" hardware failures but only with test situations.
>
> Yes, you are right: heartbeat doesn't need to manage the ip takeover,
> vserver does. We emit an unsolitcited arp reply in the vserver pre-start
> script in order to inform all hosts in the local subnet about the
> takeover.
> We don't run the rebootmgr because we noticed that its open socket
> in the vserver filesystem prevented heartbeat from unmounting the
> vserver filesystem and the takeover hangs.
>
> Our heartbeat resources are datadisk, vserver and MailTo, where the
> vserver resource script is just a symbolic link to the standard vserver
> script.
>
>> Off-topic: If you are using drbd, how are you managing the synchro when
>> the master BA comes online again?
>
> Don't know what you want to know here. We have heartbeat configured with
> "auto_failback off", so when BA comes up again, the vserver stay on BB
> until we interactively force the takeover. So we can have a look at BA
> and eventually start drbd on BA if that doesn't happen automagically.
> If you want to force a full sync, you have to delete all files in
> /var/lib/drbd before reconnecting BA. After drbd has synced the
> disk(s) you can do a "/usr/lib/heartbeat/hb_standby foreign" on BB
> to force the failback of the vservers.
>
> Cheers, Thomas

Could you post more details about this?
1.The startup script you have for a vserver which does the arp takeover.
Assume listed in /etc/vservers/servername.sh
How do you disable rebootmgr if you are using vserver?
Does this break other items?
2.) Your Heartbeat script.
3.) Your Sample drbd config.

Any other changes you had to make to vserver to get this to work.
I'll go ask on the drbd list for more drbd specific information.
Thanks.
I'll write this up if I can get more information on this, thanks.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering