From: Dimitri Roschkowski (dr_at_port29.net)
Date: Sat 29 May 2004 - 14:25:20 BST

>lot of cpu power in terms of processes or CPU usage?
>
>a single process only adds +1 to the loadaverage

does it mean, that if i limit the number of processes a vserver is
allowed to have, the loadaverage can't get so high?

>>The server and the vservers answer a ping and the ports are
>>still open, but it accepts no connections.
>>

>I'd suggest checking _which_ processes are started and
>why, if you system really needs 800+ processes, then
>you should consider switching to RR scheduling or move
>to a 2.6 kernel, which might handle them more gracefully

problem is, that in most cases i come too late and can't access the
machine, and after a reboot i have no possebility to find out, what
software or whos vserver caused the "crash", or do i have?