From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Mon 14 Jun 2004 - 21:18:47 BST

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Enrico Scholz wrote:

> > The util-vserver commands seem to support the old files. I have a system
> > that I upgraded and moved away from Jacques' utilities and the .conf and
> > .sh files are the same and all seems to work correctly.
>
> Yes, in this case, the old tools will be used and you will miss
> all the new stuff.

I take it, from looking at the site, that the docs are in the source. I
had Jacques' RPM packages installed but removed them to install your
util-vserver package. When I check the docs it looks like they are the
ones form the RPM packages. Is there a specific man page I should look at
to get up-dto-date on the 'new' features?

> There is no upgrade command (yet??). A process could be to create
> the metadata with the skeleton method and to do the remaining
> actions manually.

The 'vskel' package?

> What are these .sh files doing? Filesystem mounting is already
> supported natively (through an 'fstab' file).

Another mesage covers this. And yes they _really_ are needed. I'm stuck
dealing with some Windows servers and need to mount shares from them to
specific vservers but don't want them on unless the vserver is started?
The .sh files allow this.

Rod