From: Liam Helmer (linuxlists_at_thevenue.org)
Date: Thu 17 Jun 2004 - 21:07:07 BST

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 09:29, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:10:32PM +0000, Liam Helmer wrote:
> hmm, well, !--secure is _very_ insecure, maybe it would
> be a better approach to add the CAPs one by one, to
> find a minimal set of CAPs for your 'special' use ...

I'm fully aware of this -> but it's useful for testing: if I'm running a
desktop that doesn't need to be secure, or else I'm testing a particular
pathway to see if it works with vserver period, that's when it's useful.

> > Also, I was wondering if there was any information on how to use the cpu
> > limitation features (and other scheduling features), and a list of the
> > config file options that are available for the new vserver tools in
> > general?
> you will require recent 2.6 development kernels to do this

I'm currently running 2.6.6 with vs1.9.1. I assume this is what you
mean, unless you're talking about -mm?
I basically wanted to understand what new stuff is there exactly, and
grepping through the source code is difficult, as there's too many
different pathways, and I couldn't figure out what arguments to send to
vsched and the various other utilities to get them to use the new
features.

So, not fully understanding the kernel scheduling mechanisms, what
parameters should I be using for cpu_mask, etc, to make sure that
particular vservers don't manage to hog the cpu?

Thanks!
Liam