From: Sam Vilain (sam_at_vilain.net)
Date: Sun 27 Jun 2004 - 01:35:53 BST

Herbert Poetzl wrote:

>>In file included from vroot.c:36:
>>vroot.h:33: warning: invalid character in macro parameter name
>>vroot.h:33: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
>>vroot.c: In function `vroot_get_dev':
>>vroot.c:61: warning: implicit declaration of function `dprintk'
>>make[3]: *** [vroot.o] Error 1
>>i use gcc version egcs on Debian Woody :
>>gcc version egcs-2.92.11 19980921 (gcc2 ss-980609 experimental)
>>

>either replace line 33 of drivers/block/vroot.h
>or get a more recent (read ISO/C99 compliant) compiler, which
>is able to handle the variadic macro definition ...
>PS: let me know if it works on sparc, as it was never
> tested there ...

I've successfully compiled 2.4.25-vs1.26 and 2.4.26-vs1.27 on sparc and
Debian Woody. Works well on an old E250. It would pay to make sure
you've got something logging the console.

Note that I'm using a patched vanilla kernel, not a patched Debian kernel.

--
Sam Vilain, sam /\T vilain |><>T net, PGP key ID: 0x05B52F13
(include my PGP key ID in personal replies to avoid spam filtering)