From: Marc E. Fiuczynski (mef_at_CS.Princeton.EDU)
Date: Wed 07 Jul 2004 - 21:44:52 BST

Could someone give me an overview of how the rbce works? Specifically, I am
interested in modifying the rbce kernel support to be "vserver context ID"
aware. The main problem that I need to solve is that uid/gid's are not
unique across vserver contexts. E.g., UID 501 in context 2 and UID 501 in
context 3 are not the same thing, while rbce/ckrm would treat them as the
same.

My thought is to enhance rbce/ckrm such that for a non-vserver enhanced
kernel, it always assumes that context=0. While for a vserver enhanced
kernel it will distinguish UID/GIDs by their context IDs.

Cheers,
Marc