From: Jon Bendtsen (jon_at_kollegiegaarden.dk)
Date: Mon 09 Aug 2004 - 08:57:52 BST

Den 9. aug 2004, kl. 7:21, skrev Sam Vilain:

> Warren Togami wrote:
>
>> Can you please do something about the spam on the list? The signal
>> to noise ratio is so bad, that this is sure to scare away
>> subscribers. It makes it difficult for me to comfortably read
>> through the list. I really want the vserver project to succeed.
>>
>> If the current list admin is unwilling to improve this situation, I
>> am willing to host the list on my personal server and solve this
>> problem once and for all.
>>
>> Also... where is the patch against 2.4.27? =)
>

> Thanks for your concern about the project. You might want to search
> the archives for what happened to the last guy who complained about
> spam.

Dont mess with Mr. Villain...

On the serious side, i find it a problem as well. I would suggest that
the list is run at a site that uses all sorts
of spam detection, including greylisting, which probably is the most
importent one, as it saves bandwidth,
and rejects the spam before it reaches the server.

JonB