From: Bjoern Steinbrink (bjoern.steinbrink_at_isp4p.net)
Date: Tue 17 Aug 2004 - 21:24:43 BST

On Di, 2004-08-17 at 21:13, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 02:54:33PM +0200, Dariush Pietrzak wrote:
> >
> > > I got a request to include the quotatools into util-vserver
> > > (actually vserver but Debian has changed to util-vserver now).
> > >
> > > See http://bugs.debian.org/253518
> > Hm? This looks like bugreport about IP being defined in too many places.
> >
> Doh! http://bugs.debian.org/225981
>
> > util-vserver definitely should not include/depend on quotatools, it could
> > recommend or suggest them.
>
> Do you need to patch the normal quotatools or can you just use a
> recent version (from which version if so?).

IIRC those tools handle the per context quota hashes and are stand-alone
tools (though they're pretty useless without a vserver-enabled AND "Per
context quote/Disk Limit"-enabled [1] kernel).
So i'd recommend to package the CQ/DL kernel patch depending on the
linux-vserver kernel patch (as of now 2.4 branch only... possible?) and
have that package recommend the cq-tools package.

But I'd like (and suggest) to hear Bertl's opinion on this topic.

HTH
Bjoern

[1] http://www.13thfloor.at/vserver/s_addons/quota/