From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy (grisha_at_ispol.com)
Date: Sat 28 Aug 2004 - 03:29:33 BST

BTW, Herbert -

I think it would be a good idea to change the vs patches so that they set
EXTRAVERSION in the top level Makefile to "vs1.29" (or whatever the
version), as opposed to "-vs1.29". It's not a big deal, but it looks like
the RPM naming system gives special maning to the "-", which makes it a
problem when you try to build a kernel RPM.

Thanks,

Grisha