From: Gilles (gilles_at_harfang.homelinux.org)
Date: Fri 17 Sep 2004 - 00:41:55 BST

Hello.

I use Debian GNU/Linux, and have created a vserver using the
"newvserver" script.

I can enter the vserver but before the shell prompt is displayed,
the following message is printed:

 ioctl(SIOCGIFNETMASK): Cannot assign requested address
 SIOCSIFNETMASK: Invalid argument
 ipv4root is now 192.168.107.151
 New security context is 49152

What do the first two lines mean?

Nevertheless, I was pleasantly surprised that the network was
working, out of the box. [The more so that it hadn't been so
easy with UML, for which I had to use the ethernet bridge to
get connectivity; and I thought that it might come in the way
of the vserver network configuration procedure.]

Best regards,
Gilles

P.S. Please cc to me.