From: Matt Nuzum (matt.followers_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu 30 Sep 2004 - 16:52:28 BST

Cool.

Could you please detail on the documentation website what happens
during this stage:
> from http://www.openvps.org/Plone/download/ISO
> You also will need internet access at this point as the buildref process
> pulls a few RPM's from the openvps.org site.

I know it sounds overly picky but I like to know what's going on when
programs "phone home" during installation.

I'll give this a try because I like the Fedora project and a simple
install for vserver would be nice. I like the feature you put in there
where you specify the DNS server with the ohhost tool. I can't tell
you how many times I've created a vserver, entered it and wondered why
nothing worked. (just needed to edit resolv.conf)

--
Matthew Nuzum		| Makers of "Elite Content Management System"
www.followers.net		| View samples of Elite CMS in action

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:59:59 -0400 (EDT), Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy <grisha_at_ispol.com> wrote: > > Hello - > > We have made an ISO image that installs a Linux 2.4.26 Vserver 1.28 > kernel, the vserver utils, as well as the OpenVPS tools. The ISO is based > on Fedora Core 1 (it's basically a kickstart install). > > This is our first stab at an ISO, the image has undergone only limited > testing, while the software on it (vserver, utils and openvps) should be > stable and has been in use in production at OpenHosting for some time now. > > The installation gives a pretty good idea of what we're trying to achieve > with the (very young so far) OpenVPS project - a simple 100% OSS > vserver-based solution for web hosting that does all the things like > bandwidth metering, disk limits, automatic backups, etc., out-of-the-box. > > If you want to do some hosting but don't have the patience to follow the > Fedora 1 how-to, this may be just the solution for you, check it out. :-) > > The (very basic so far) instructions on how to use it and the link to the > ISO itself are here: > > http://www.openvps.org/Plone/download/ISO > > Enjoy! > > Grisha > _______________________________________________ > Vserver mailing list > Vserver_at_list.linux-vserver.org > http://list.linux-vserver.org/mailman/listinfo/vserver > _______________________________________________ Vserver mailing list Vserver_at_list.linux-vserver.org http://list.linux-vserver.org/mailman/listinfo/vserver

Generated on Thu 30 Sep 2004 - 16:52:47 BST by hypermail 2.1.3