From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 04 Oct 2004 - 20:22:05 BST

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 01:23:45PM -0300, Ramiro Brito Willmersdorf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need loopback mounts inside a vserver.
> Security is probably not a concern since the root of this vserver
> will always be the same as the the host's root (me).
>
> I created the loop device loop0 and loop1, but I get

usually providing some info about the kernel and
patches used, maybe even the tools involved provides
valuable information, so that is a good idea ;)

> memlock: Operation not permitted

> When I try to do a loopback mount.

I have no idea why losetup does lock the memory, and
I consider it a little weird, but nevertheless the
required capability is ..

> Is there an extra capability that needs to be set?

/* Allow locking of shared memory segments */
/* Allow mlock and mlockall (which doesn't really have anything to do
   with IPC) */

#define CAP_IPC_LOCK 14