From: Eric Jorgensen (jorgy_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue 05 Oct 2004 - 19:45:03 BST

Hello,

I am having an unusual problem with apache and php
running inside a vserver.

The host system looks like:

RedHat 9, patched to latest RH levels
glibc-2.3.2-27.9.7
kernel: 2.4.25-vs1.26

The vserver looks like:
glibc-2.3.2-27.9.7
httpd-2.0.40-21

If I start up apache without php, it works just fine.
However, if I
install the RPM for php (4.2.2-17) it segfaults.

[root_at_vserver:v009 root]httpd
[root_at_vserver:v009 root]apachectl stop
[root_at_vserver:v009 root]httpd
[root_at_vserver:v009 root]rpm -i php-4.2.2-17.i386.rpm
[root_at_vserver:v009 root]apachectl restart
/usr/sbin/apachectl: line 105: 32238 Segmentation
fault $HTTPD -k $ARGV

If I remove the php rpm, it works fine. Has anyone
else ever seen anything like this? I have a friend
running the same configuration without problem on an
UNPATCHED RH9 system. I would really like to keep
current (as much as possible) for security reasons.
I'm not sure what other info may be needed to track
this down, so please ask. I appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Eric